Thursday, September 10, 2009

1, 2, 3, PRESCHOOL

Ok, so I've posted about the first preschool. Originally I wanted to do them alphabetically, but that is not working out due to school schedules. I'd just like to say up front that this in no way takes the place of you going and checking out the facility and the teachers. I am just providing an overview of what's in the neighborhood.

You'll find with Banneker, and with a good number of the others that they may be majority head start, or low income with only a couple of at market (private as they call them) slots. If you do not have much to spend, these schools may be your best alternative. On the flip side, if you earn more than the low-income cutoff, your child will be one of few from similar circumstances. In any case, we live in the most diverse ward in the District, and I thought it was important to include all of the schools nearby, so that parents could make their own choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment