Friday, August 14, 2009

BLOGGING FOR DUMMIES

Blogging is much harder than I thought. The act of creative writing, and coming up with new ideas is not at all hard for me, but understanding the inner workings of this blog site has become a little difficult. I am no computer genius, nor have I ever claimed to be. 

Yesterday morning I spent 4o minutes following complicated instructions to change my two column blog to the three column blog you see today. Having never done anything like this, and not even knowing what the heck HTML even means, I decided I needed help. 

The help came in this form, Blogging For Dummies. It details in simple terms anything you need to know about blogging. In one night, it helped me to understand widgets and gadgets, and HTML. 

HTML or HyperText Markup Language is specific code language that allows your blog, website etc., to communicate with your internet browser. By adding specific code language into your existing blog, you can do all kinds of nifty things. For example, you can do what I did yesterday, changing from two columns, to three. You can change font, spacing, and color, upload YouTube videos, and create links to other websites. 

Spending this time learning a new skill makes me feel like I'm back in school. I love the challenge blogging has presented me, but I can relax and enjoy it knowing that there is no date where it needs to be finished. There are many more things I'd like to do to enhance the look of U Street Mom, but don't I understand how to do them. If you have a suggestion, or know any experts who have tips, please let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great!
    How can I get automatic emails when you post?
    Also, your followers are listed twice above. . .
    One of my pic in enough for anybody.

    ReplyDelete