Friday, August 28, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELLO CUPCAKE

Hello Cupcake celebrated its first birthday Tuesday with free cupcakes. We love birthdays, cupcakes, and balloons, so we had to go. The line was not all that long (maybe 10 minutes), and the wait was definitely worth it. 

After shouting "happy birthday" to the staff, I got my favorite: Peanut Butter Blossom. It's a lovely moist chocolate cupcake with a swirl of peanut butter buttercream, topped with a chocolate kiss. Milo also got his own cupcake (that I helped him eat once we got home), a vanilla cupcake and buttercream with pastel sprinkles. 

According to the owner, Penny Karas, they gave out 2500 cupcakes Tuesday. After they ran out, the people still waiting in line (including the very first customer when they opened their doors one year ago) received vouchers for a free cupcake another day. The most requested were Peanut Butter Blossom, Heart of Darkness, and 24 Carrot.  

I'll mark my calendar for August 25, 2010 when they have their 2nd. birthday bash. In the meantime, I'll look forward to strolling over when I'm in the neighborhood to try their many other flavors. Since I've started going there, I only get the Peanut Butter Blossom; it's my standard. I'm totally addicted, so when I'm ready to order that's all I think about. Do you have a favorite you think I should try? If so, shout it out!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing us to Hello! I can't wait to take my parents for their birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a 4 pack of cupcakes today. PB Blossom, Lemon tart, Root Beer Float, and 24 Carrot. All were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was out of town for Hello Cupcake's 1 year anniversary, but I am a huge fan! You know who makes even better cupcakes?!? ALICE. Perhaps you can share some of your favorite recipes on here.

    ReplyDelete